Friday, December 6, 2013

Snow!







It is snowing!  The ground is white and the flakes are  those big fat beautiful ones that seem to swing playfully back and forth as they float down to the ground.  I know that it can be treacherous out there, with the slippery roads and sidewalks.  I understand that in our busy crazy lives we don't "have time" for snow-but I'm encouraging you today, to stop and look, really look at the snow.  I did, and it was wonderful!   Go outside and look up and let the snowflakes land on your face.  Look around and see how it decorates the evergreens.  Listen to the quiet.  Even a soft rain makes a noise- but snow- it's so quiet when it lands.  Today with all the school closings on the news, I found myself praying for the safety of those who must travel in this weather, but I also took time to look at the beauty of the snow and thank God for it.  Stay warm and cozy everyone!

“It was You who set all the boundaries of the earth; You made both summer and winter.” ~Psalm 74:17

Snowfall


Outside, walking in winter's white,
Just before the dark of night,
I saw the branches high and low
Were painted perfectly with snow.
 
Each evergreen, dusted with care.
Not a single needle bare.

  The frosty paint was also laid
      On items human hands had made.
      The mailbox, and the garden swing,
     Decked out in crystal coverings.


I knew no mortal could portray
This beauty cast in white and gray.


 And for a moment-frozen there,
As I breathed in the icy air,
And leaned against a maple tree,
I sensed God's presence there with me-

My God, who made this world I know,
And paints it perfectly with snow.
                               ©2012 Janet Carol Davis

(Poem is repost from 2012)                               











 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment