Monday, December 23, 2013

Merry Christmas!!!


Christmas Eve has arrived!  Well, the morning of, anyway.  It's 1AM and I'm waiting for the meringue cookies to finish baking.  My 19 year old son is awake as well.  Together we baked and iced cookies, laughed into the night as we got just a little too tired and slap-happy, and now here we are, still up in the wee hours of Christmas Eve morning.  In just a few moments I plan on getting ready for bed, and am wondering how many other folks are up at this hour-thawing the turkey, baking, writing to do lists for the next few days, or wrapping presents.  It's nice to take a moment and think about the day, which was very busy but wonderful.  Time spent with friends and family, a little last minute Christmas shopping, baking, and listening to those familiar Christmas TV specials in the back ground-made for a blessing filled day.  Tomorrow I have lots to do but plan on enjoying every minute of it!  My prayer is that I remember throughout the Christmas holiday why I celebrate The giver of all the blessings I've mentioned here, of all good things, gave us the most perfect present!   2nd Corinthians 9:15 says it well: "Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift!"  


                                  Wishing all of you a joyous Christmas!

Back to:  tangibleinspirations.com

No comments:

Post a Comment