Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Keepsakes Of The Heart


Most of my decorations are down from the holidays.  One tree, however, I'm keeping up for now.
It's in my bedroom, with blue and green lights, and lots of glittery ornaments.  I love that tree because it reminds me of the abstract gifts in this life that continue past the winter holiday celebrations.  The ivory tree skirt, which was once the cover for a daybed in my grandmother's home, reminds me of my childhood, and visits with my grandparents where I spent many hours exploring the nooks and crannies of the old 1920's house where they lived.  The lights on the tree take me back as well, to so many happy memories of Christmases spent with family and friends.  My mom always made tree decorating a fun event.  My favorite part was when it was all finished, and we could stand back and look at it with its ornaments and tinsel.  I especially loved turning off all the other lights in the room, and observing the ethereal glow of the tree lights against the reflectors.  These memories, these abstract keepsakes of joy and love from my childhood are somehow woven into this beautiful gift from God I call life!  Christmas for me, now more than ever, is a celebration of that gift.  God's love for us is intense.  He longs for us to experience a life that is full of blessing!  Through Jesus, He freely offers us freedom, peace, complete forgiveness, security, and hope in a world where these gifts are otherwise difficult to find.  Christmas, then, is not ever really over.  My tree, with all its sparkles and lights, reminds me of that.  I think I'll leave it up for a while.
 John 10:9,10
 I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved.   They will come in and go out, and find pasture.  The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.


Return to:  http://tangibleinspirations.com/home.html

No comments:

Post a Comment