Monday, July 21, 2014



Some Days....

 Most days I wake up with so much on my mind I hit the floor running and don’t stop till my head hits the pillow that night.   I love this crazy busy life full of new adventures, running a business, creating new artwork every day, and meeting incredible people.  Squeeze in the laundry, sweeping, bill writing, and all the mundane house chores-throw in an    urgent visit to the vet when the dog swallows something she shouldn’t, and an impromptu phone call from a good friend and my day is filled from top to bottom.  I’m not complaining.  In fact I wouldn’t have it any other way!  At the end of these busy days I usually feel productive and I like that.
Every once in a while, however, I feel misdirected.  It’s like I’m lost.  I can see the responsibilities I need to conquer right in front of me yet I sense an inability to move forward.  Those days I long to sense God’s presence, and I know it’s because I’ve been so busy with all the “stuff” I have to do, that I’ve neglected to stop and listen to my Heavenly Father’s kind voice of direction and reassurance.
Only when I make time to remember who He is, and who I am in Him, does my life come back into focus. When I go to Him, He reminds me how much He loves me.  His word gives me guidance and strength, and I can face the day refreshed.  He welcomes me into His presence and encourages me in all my endeavors.  He draws me close to Him and reassures me that I am His and He wants what is best for me.  Time with my wonderful Lord and Savior: loving Him, worshiping Him, listening. That’s what I desire and need daily.  That’s what He desires of me.             ©2014Janet Carol Davis 

Psalm 23:1-3
The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures,
He leads me beside quiet waters, He refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for His name’s sake.


Back to main site:  tangibleinspirations.com

1 comment:

  1. So true. Thank you for writing this. I needed to be reminded. :)

    ReplyDelete