Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Comfort From Isaiah

   Today my mind is preoccupied with thoughts of a friend who is grieving the loss of her husband who died just a few days ago.  While her heart is grieving and broken, while her family and friends gather around her over these next several days, her world has temporarily come to a stand still.  Over the last year I've known several who have lost someone dear to them, and a childhood friend of my own died suddenly.  Though as a Christian I certainly take comfort in believing that I will see these people again, no matter what we believe, having to say goodbye to someone we love while we are left here to continue on is never easy.  For me, comfort comes not only in believing that those who love Jesus will live on in His presence after their physical departure from this earth, but also in knowing that I am not alone here.  God promises He will be with us always.  He is with us in our heartache.  In our darkest hours, when grief is fresh-when the newness of a loss is still warm- He is there to hold us and give us hope and strength to move on in this life.  In hopes of bringing the smallest bit of comfort to those of you who are aching, I'm sharing the link below which leads to a song with words from Isaiah that give me great peace when my heart is hurting.                              


 http://www.tangibleinspirations.com/archives.html




No comments:

Post a Comment