Friday, February 7, 2014

Seeing


I never tire of reading the book of John in the Bible.  Today I was reading chapter 9, where it tells about Jesus healing the man who was born blind.  I kept picturing myself there in different roles: as a  spectator, or one of the skeptical pharisees, as the blind man who was healed, or his parents.  I wonder what position I would have taken had I seen Jesus heal the blind man.   Even some who witnessed the actual healing accused Jesus of being a sinner or demon possessed.  The healed man was called before the pharisees and questioned to the point of frustration.  Later in the chapter because the man implies his healing must be the work of God, he is thrown out of the synagogue!  When Jesus finds him in verse 35 the once blind man becomes a believer and worships Jesus.  Jesus uses the healing to teach His listeners about seeing with the heart and having an understanding of who He is and who His Father is.  What does it take for us to see?   Human responses today are not so different from Bible times.  Tendencies toward skepticism can keep us from seeing clearly the blessings God pours daily into our lives.  In this season of living I am starting to understand- to see more and more- the hand of God in every aspect of my life:  The people He brings my way, healings, answers to prayer (even if the answer is not what I thought it would be.), undeniable guidance from His spirit, and peace- indescribable peace- no matter what life throws my way.  The more I understand the magnitude of who He is, and how He offers us freedom, life, forgiveness and hope, the more I long to worship Him just as the healed man in John chapter 9 did.  My prayer for us today is that the eyes of our hearts will be opened so that we can see who God is and the greatness of His gift to us through Jesus.

John 9: 23b
  "One thing I do know.  I was blind but now I see!"

 Back to main site:
http://tangibleinspirations.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment